In this fast and modern era we live in, it can be very hard to get enough sleep and sleep well at the same time. Our lives are preoccupied with our everyday activities, and we hardly ever get time just to relax and do nothing. Even though we need to finish all of our responsibilities, it’s also important to take care of us, our health, and sleep.
In the infographic below, you’ll find information on how to sleep better and more, with changing some of our habits or thoughts.
Be in Sync with Your Natural Body Clock
- Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. This helps your body learn when it’s time to start feeling tired and when it’s time to wake up. After just a couple of days, you might not even need an alarm to wake up.
Exercising During the Day
- Walking for even just 10 minutes a day can improve your sleep quality.
- Exercise often. It can be very helpful to have an aerobic exercise at least 3-4 times a week.
- Don’t do any workouts or exercise at least 3-4 hours before going to bed.
Be Careful of What You Eat and Drink
- Limit caffeine and nicotine. You might be surprised to hear that caffeine can cause sleep problems ten to twelve hours after drinking it. Smoking can also disrupt your sleep, especially if you smoke close to bedtime.
- Avoid big meals at night. Try to eat dinner at least 2-3 hours before going to bed. Also, avoid heavy, fatty foods, and spicy and acidic foods that can cause stomach problems and heartburn.
Along with proper nutrition and exercise, sleep is one of the most important things for a healthy life. Without sleep, we wouldn’t be able to do anything in our everyday life, so it’s essential to see its importance. If you want to learn more about sleep, how to get more of it, how to have a better sleep quality or just read some interesting facts about it, check our infographic below