It used to be that you needed to be technical yourself or find a technical co-founder to build any kind of complex software applications. There’s a thriving business of web development agencies that charge hefty fees to build products – sometimes just simple MVPs – for founders that do not have the technical knowledge to do it themselves.
But not anymore. The no-code movement is real and it almost feels like every month brings its new set of no-code tools anyone can use to bring their idea to life. Here is a round-up of 30 of the most popular ones.
Build an app
- Bubble: a code-free programming language that lets you build and host web applications without software engineers.
- Glide: a no-code tool to create a mobile app from a Google Sheet in five minutes, for free.
- Adalo: a platform to create apps the same way you would create a slide deck.
- Voiceflow: a tool to create voice apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, without code.
- Thunkable: an easy way to build mobile applications by dragging and dropping elements.
Build a website
- Carrd: a visual editor to build one-page sites.
- Webflow: a powerful platform to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually.
- Sheet2Site: a tool to build fully functional websites with pictures, text, filters and links from a Google Sheet.
- Table2Site: similar, let’s you use an Airtable base as your CMS.
- Landen: automatically generate a unique website for your use case just by answering some questions about your product.
- Squarespace: a complete solution to build websites, including domains, eCommerce, hosting, galleries, and analytics.
- Universe: make a website with a custom domain, straight from your phone.
- Wix Corvid: an open development platform that lets you build advanced web applications with a visual editor.
Manage your data and content
- Airtable: a mix between a spreadsheet and a database.
- Notion: an all-in-one no-code tool for notes, docs, task management, projects, spreadsheets and databases.
- Coda: hard to describe, a new canvas that blends tables and text together so you can build apps and workflows.
- Gumroad: a no-code payment solution that is easy to setup and simple to scale.
- Substack: a platform that makes it simple for writers to start a paid email newsletter.
- MemberSpace: a tool to build a membership business on your own website.
- MemberStack: another tool to manage memberships and gated content on any website.
- Buy Me A Coffee: a simple solution for creators to receive support, share premium content, sell digital downloads, and more.
Automate your work
- ActionDesk: a tool for non technical teams to build powerful automations using only their spreadsheet skills.
- Boundless: an impressive web builder that allows you to build interactive web applications without writing any code.
- Zapier: the most popular solution to connect your apps and automate your workflows without code.
- Standard Library: a no-code libreaty to build automated workflows and APIs with a powerful UI.
- Clay: a platform to quickly connect your apps and code into automated workflows, build useful tools, enrich data sets, and more.
- Retool: build internal tools without code.
- Typeform: a complete tool to design and build conversational forms.
- ShareTribe: a tool to create an online marketplace without code.
- Anchor: an all-in-one platform to create, host, and distribute podcast episodes, without code.
This article was made possible by MakerPad, the platform to learn how to build powerful applications without code.