When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
It used to be that you needed to be technical yourself or find a technical co-founder to build any kind of complex software applications. There’s a thriving business of web development agencies that charge hefty fees to build products – sometimes just simple MVPs – for founders that do not have the technical knowledge to do it themselves.
But not anymore. The no-code movement is real and it almost feels like every month brings its new set of no-code tools anyone can use to bring their idea to life. Here is a round-up of 30 of the most popular ones.
Build a website
- Weebly: Weebly is a website and eCommerce service founded on the belief that anyone should have the tools to take their business from idea to launch.
- Webflow: a powerful platform to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually.
- Sheet2Site: a tool to build fully functional websites with pictures, text, filters and links from a Google Sheet.
- Squarespace: a complete solution to build websites, including domains, eCommerce, hosting, galleries, and analytics.
- Universe: make a website with a custom domain, straight from your phone.
- Wix Corvid: an open development platform that lets you build advanced web applications with a visual editor.
Build an app
- Bubble: a code-free programming language that lets you build and host web applications without software engineers.
- Glide: a no-code tool to create a mobile app from a Google Sheet in five minutes, for free.
- Adalo: a platform to create apps the same way you would create a slide deck.
- Voiceflow: a tool to create voice apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, without code.
- Thunkable: an easy way to build mobile applications by dragging and dropping elements.
Manage your data and content
- Airtable: a mix between a spreadsheet and a database.
- Notion: an all-in-one no-code tool for notes, docs, task management, projects, spreadsheets and databases.
- Coda: hard to describe, a new canvas that blends tables and text together so you can build apps and workflows.
- Gumroad: a no-code payment solution that is easy to setup and simple to scale.
- Substack: a platform that makes it simple for writers to start a paid email newsletter.
- MemberSpace: a tool to build a membership business on your own website.
- MemberStack: another tool to manage memberships and gated content on any website.
- Buy Me A Coffee: a simple solution for creators to receive support, share premium content, sell digital downloads, and more.
Automate your work
- ActionDesk: a tool for non technical teams to build powerful automations using only their spreadsheet skills.
- Boundless: an impressive web builder that allows you to build interactive web applications without writing any code.
- Zapier: the most popular solution to connect your apps and automate your workflows without code.
- Standard Library: a no-code libreaty to build automated workflows and APIs with a powerful UI.
- Clay: a platform to quickly connect your apps and code into automated workflows, build useful tools, enrich data sets, and more.
- Retool: build internal tools without code.
- Typeform: a complete tool to design and build conversational forms.
- ShareTribe: a tool to create an online marketplace without code.
- Anchor: an all-in-one platform to create, host, and distribute podcast episodes, without code.
This article was made possible by MakerPad, the platform to learn how to build powerful applications without code.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.