When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
3D Printing has grown in popularity over the last 5 years. Most people dont realize that the earliest 3D printing was taking place back in 1981.A 3D printer can help you create more complex designs and can test a customized part within a few minutes. Most 3D printers over time have been very expensive drove most of the purchasing to higher end print shops.
There are quite a number of 3D printers available in the market. However, they vary in connectivity, price, workload, and printout quality. We understand that times are tough, so in this post, we are only going to look at the 5 best 3D printers under 500. We will also share a buying guide to help you select one with features that will meet your business needs.
Review of the best 3D printer under 500
FlashForge Finder 3D Printers
- Slide-in build plate allows printed objects to be easily removed
- 3.5-Inch full color touchscreen with intuitive icons makes for easy operation
- Sturdy, plastic alloy construction ensures stable prints
FlashForge Finder 3D printer is suitable for new users in the printing world. It comes with an easy to use interface to allow beginners to print without the help of a professional.
It features a Wi-Fi, USB, and flash drive connectivity to print directly from the internet or the phone. Many 3D printers rely on external connections, which can lead to disruptions during the printing process. However, with FlashForge Finder 3D Printers you will print efficiently. It has 8GB of onboard storage to ensure safety printing.
It features a slide-in built plate to allow you to place and remove the 3D prints easily. Also, it comes with an intelligent assisted leveling system. This helps in tightening or loosening the leveling screws. By detecting the distance between the nozzle and the build plate, you can easily verify whether the leveling is in the right position.
Apart from this, it supports 3D cloud function. This feature provides a massive model database and helps to store, edit, and share the printing online.
- Easy to use, making it an excellent option for beginners
- The side-in build plates make it easy to take out prints
- It is portable, making it a good choice for outdoor printing
- It features a clear touch screen
- No automatic bed leveling
This 3D printer under 500 produces very minimal noise during the operation. It operates with noise levels of 5db.
- Works Out Of the Box, 3 steps to set up ANYCUBIC Mega S 3D printer with 8 screws and 3 cables for minutes, not only meets fast assembly needs for expert users but also friendly use to beginners, The rigid metal frame can minimize the shaking to improve the print quality
- Upgraded Extruder Design, Titan extruder provides precise extrusion for your 3D printing with solid filament drive and overall mechanical design compatible with most filaments, greatly reducing the clogging risk and improving printing accuracy
- Resume Print and Sensor Detection, Mega S 3D Printer can resume printing after power outage or any other unexpected stoppage, One click to resume from the last recorded position when suffering power outages, And the sensor pauses prints and sets off an alarm when you run out of filament which greatly saves time and cost, printing volume reaches 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches
ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D Printer is an equally easy to use device. It requires only 3 steps to set up, making it perfect for both professionals and beginners. Their customer support are available 24/7 to offer technical support and a one-year after-sales service. So, you have a guarantee of assistance anytime you encounter problems when setting the printer.
Its mechanical design and the solid filament drive helps to improve accuracy and reduce clogging. The best thing about ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D Printer is the filament sensor. It helps to pause the prints and set the alarm when you run out of filament.
Apart from this, it offers a large built volume. It comes with a printing volume of 8.27 x 8.27 x 8.07 inches.
This 3D printer stands out as an excellent device because of the durability features. It has a patented printing platform and quality wires.
- 24/7 available technical support
- High-quality printing experience
- Comes with a user-friendly interface
- Expensive when compared to other 3D printers under 500
ANYCUBIC Mega-S New Upgrade 3D Printer features a TFT touch screen which has a multi-language user-friendly UI. Also, it is made of metal, making it durable. It weighs 24.2 pounds, making it easy to lift.
- ★★★★★【Friendly Reminder: We have canceled the camera and breakpoint printing function, upgraded the main control system to make the printer more silent and improve print quality.】Professional research and development 3d printer for home,education
- Exclusive educational software with a special textbook
- Slient Printing ;Air circulation function;
QIDI Technology X-one2 Single Extruder 3D Printer comes with a design, set to serve schools and home office setups. It features a 3.5-inch color touch screen, making it easy to operate. This device is excellent, even for beginners. It is easy to use and comes fully assembled.
The frames are built of metal to enhance durability. Also, its platform is flat and made with an alloy of aluminum to decrease wearing out.
This device supports different filaments compatibility, such as ABS and PLA, to produce high-quality printouts. It features a single extruder to minimize the issue of clogging.
The good thing about this printer is the USB port and SD slot. This two help to print files easily.
- It has a color touch screen, making it easy to operate
- USB port and SD slot connectivity
- Made of a durable metal frame
- Not suitable for mass printing
If you are looking for an accurate and speedy device, QIDI Technology X-one2 Single Extruder 3D Printer is your solution. Its size and weight make it a sturdy machine.
- FAST HEATING & RESUME PRINT： The heated bed can reach its operating temperature in just five minutes. The printer is shielded by its power supply from voltage spikes and power outages. If electrical power is lost, prints can be resumed from the last layer, saving time and reducing waste.
- PRINTING STABILITY： Improvements to the Y axis improve stability, and the alteration of the control box unit move the fan to the bottom of the unit, Make every printing works perfectly
- REMOVE EASILY:Our all new magnetic bed surface for easy model removal is included stock on the Ender 3 Pro. Easily remove the magnetic print surface from the hotbed and remove models with no spatula or razor necessary.
Another great 3D printer under 500, is the Creality 3D Printer CR-10 Mini. It features aluminum frames to provide a sturdy base. The POM engineering thermal-plastic wheels increase stability even during extended use.
The good thing about CR-10 mini is its accuracy. It produces models that meet the users’ exact needs. It also supports a variety of materials such as PLA, ABS, copper, wood, carbon fiber, and TPU.
This printer has a new upgraded control board. This feature allows the device to continue printing after a power outage or changing filament.
- It is a high-quality printer
- Easy to adjust
- Easy to setup
- Prints many types of filaments such as PLA, TPU
- The instructions on how to set it up are not clear
Creality 3D Printer CR-10 Mini provides long-lasting service. In other words, it is durable. The Creality 3D company has professional customer service agents who attend to customers anytime they encounter issues with the printer.
- Quick change nozzle: unlike other 3D printers, which require tools and 20-40 minutes of work to replace the nozzle, The voxel has a quick change nozzle that allows you to change the nozzle in seconds, without the need for tools of any kind
- Heated, flexible, and removable: The removable, flexible build plate makes removing a model A breeze. Simply remove and flex it to dislodge the model. You can easily replace it if it becomes damaged or can swap in a second build plate to start a new print immediately after completion of a project. Additionally, it can be heated to temperatures up to 60°c
- Auto Leveling: the printer ships fully calibrated and ready to print out of the box. If necessary, you can easily adjust the distance between the nozzle and the bed via the touch screen interface.Operating compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X, Linux
Monoprice Voxel 3D Printer is an accurate machine that comes with advanced features to create high-quality models. It features a quick change nozzle that allows one to replace the nozzle without the need for advanced tools.
The removable and flexible build plate makes it easy to remove models from the machine once printed. Also, it includes a fully calibrated to allow you to print out of the box. You can easily make adjustments from a distance between the nozzle and bed. Some changes can be made using the touch screen interface.
This 3D printer under 500, makes the loading of filament easy. This process is automatic and takes a few minutes to complete. It has a built-in sensor that pauses when the prints are low and continues once the filament is reloaded.
- Prints high-quality models
- It has a touch screen interface to allow one to make changes easily
- Allows one to print out of the box
- It has a polar cloud-enabled to allow one control the printer from anyplace
- There have been complaints of their customer support system being unreliable
Monoprice Voxel 3D Printer is suitable for both commercial and home use. It comes with 8GB internal memory, USB port, Wi-Fi connections, and a built-in camera to ease the printing.
A 3D printer is a great machine that can increase the growth of your business. 3D images are essential in every business because they allow the customers to interact with the products or the company.
With the rise in the popularity of 3D printers, there are many options to select from. This becomes challenging, especially for beginners.
These 3D printers have few features in common. They have heated printing beds and PLA filaments. Some additional features and the quality differentiates one printer from the other. To help you select the best printer, here are 6 things to consider:
Printers come in different sizes. Some 3D printers such as SLA/DPL are small when compared to the FDM/SLS. They come in different designs that allow them to handle varying volumes of work. For instance, big printers is specifically designed to print big sizes.
Most people make a mistake of buying a large printer to accommodate all prints. This process can lower the quality of the small prints. Thus, it is crucial to understand your business needs before making a purchasing decision. Determine the size and amount of copies you want to produce.
Some businesses require thousands of prints each day. Thus, waiting for hours to get one copy can be tiresome and hinder business growth. A device with a high printing speed should be your top priority if you wish to create many prints. You can check how fast the printer can move the extruder to measure the printing speed.
Also, you need to pay attention to the resolution. High-resolution 3D printers produce life-like images. Also, they are suitable for printing tiny features and building of the finished objects. Apart from this, high-resolution printers are durable.
Ease of use
3D printing is a complicated task. It requires one to master some settings. If you are clueless on how to use a 3D printer, you need to go for one with an easy to use interface. Also, consider a brand that offers 24/7 customer support. With this, you can get help anytime you encounter issues.
The printer’s noise can be a huge distraction especially when you have to print in a very quiet environment. You should be particular about getting a 3D printer with less noise. However, one can reduce the noise by placing the printer on a solid surface or top of a mat or a carpet.
Before you perform the printing process, you will need to send files to your printer. You can choose to print directly from the internet, the phone, or flash drive. Wi-Fi connectivity should be the first consideration. Ensure that you can access files from the internet. Also, pay attention to the USB cable and SD card slot.
What is the work of a 3D printer under 500?
A 3D printer produces a wide variety of things. If you love selfies, this is the best device to print high-quality images. Also, it is great for creating prototypes of industrial products and different designs.
If you want to create awareness of a new product, 3D printer is your solution. It can produce images that offer detailed information about your products and services.
Its printing ability makes it suitable for designers and artists. It can create different complex shapes without compromising the quality of the image. Also, some clothes’ prints can be made from 3D printers.
Are there any disadvantages of 3D printers under 500?
3D printers come with many benefits. However, there are some drawbacks, such as high energy consumption. During mass production, 3D printers consume a lot of energy, which can lead to high costs.
Also, 3D printers produce harmful emissions. When used in an enclosed room, it can produce toxic emissions that can cause health risks, including cancer.
Where can one buy the best 3D printer under 500?
Many manufacturers offer online sales from their websites. However, not all are reliable. Thus, you need to do research and compare prices, reliability, and mode of delivery. Some significant marketplaces such as Amazon offer quality 3D printers.
Printers are secondary hardware in computing. They primarily serve the function of producing digitally stored texts, portraits, photographs, and blueprints onto different paper types. However, a 3D printer comes with great benefits than a standard printer. It helps to produce quality images that can motivate the customers to stay on the website for an extended period.
Remember, the 3D images will represent your products and brand. Thus, you need to take your time before buying a 3D printer. Compare all the 3D printers under 500 we have handpicked for you and choose one that will help to increase sales.
Other Popular Articles:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.