When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
It is important to live in an environment where the air is clean and healthy to breathe. Unfortunately, the air around us is contaminated with pollutants like smoke, odors, and other particles in the air that are harmful to our health. The risk is worse if you live with a smoker or live in an environment that is prone to wildfires.
It is therefore important to come up with measures to clean the air in our rooms. Air purifiers are a convenient and affordable solution to this problem.
In a hurry? Below are some of the most Popular Air Purifier for smoke under 100:
Best Air Purifier for Smoke Under 100 Buying Guide
There are several things that you need to consider before buying an air purifier. These include:
- Coverage Area
The coverage area refers to the range in square feet the air purifier can effectively clean. This depends a lot on the model. So it is important to find out the size of your room first before you buy a purifier. You can do this by measuring the length and width of your room and then multiplying the size by two. A standard purifier can cover an area of between 100 and 200 square feet, which is the size of an office or a bedroom.
You can also consider how fast air is moved through the purifier (clean air delivery rate) and how many times the air in a room is circulated (air change rate). A good air purifier should circulate the air in a room at least 4 times an hour.
- Type of Filter
Different models and manufacturers use different types of technology in their filters. The most commonly used filters are HEPA filters (from the acronym High Efficiency Particulate Air) and carbon filters made from activated carbon.
To achieve greater efficiency especially in removing smoke, manufacturers have created a hybrid 3-stage filtration system that combines a pre-filter and both HEPA and carbon filter elements. These hybrid filters can remove 99 percent of the pollutants and particles in smoke and even absorb odors.
Filters that use ozone and ultraviolet light technology are also effective but can be harmful to your health if used for long.
- Filter Lifespan
The lifespan of the filters depends on the type, the quality of the air in your room, and how well you take care of your purifier. Most filters can effectively serve you for at least six months before replacing. When purchasing an air purifier, consider the cost and availability of replacement units. It is also good to go for purifiers with washable filters because they are more economical and durable. Some models have a built-in replacement reminder function that alerts you when it is time to replace the filter.
- Ease of Use
Air purifiers for smoke should be easy to set up and use. Most are plug-and-play meaning you just need to connect to a power source and they start working. The air purifier should also be of modest size and light enough to be moved around for convenience. Some are designed to sit on tabletops while others are big and bulky and can only be placed on the floor.
- Noise Levels
When the air purifier is running, the movement of the fan and filters creates some noise. The level of the noise will depend on the speed of the fan and the filter technology used. While the noise levels are negligible in a busy space, sometimes this can be distracting and even annoying especially in places where you want silence like in the office or the bedroom. Some air purifiers have buttons that you can use to regulate the fan speed and the noise level in the process. The manufacturer usually indicates the noise level in decibel units (dB). A good purifier should have noise levels of 50dB and below.
- Energy Consumption
Since you will be using the air purifier continuously, it will contribute significantly to your electricity bill. It is therefore advisable to buy one that is energy efficient. Some models are Energy Star certified meaning they are designed to consume less power. You can also check the amount of power in watts the purifier consumes.
Warranty is important because it shows that the manufacturer is confident in the quality of their product. Go for air purifiers that have a longer warranty. That way, in case you are not satisfied with the quality, you can always get a replacement or even get your money back.
5 Best Air Purifiers For Smoke Under $100
- 3 part filtration system captures 99 percentage of common airborne pm 2.5 pollutants such as allergens, odors, smoke, mold spores, dust mites and pet dander
- Activated carbon filter removes common odors caused by smoke, pets, cooking, dorm room smells and gases (VOCs) as well as smoke caused by wildfires
- Washable pre-filter captures large particles such as dust and pet hair and can be changed to match any decor. Dark blue and grey pre-filters are included and other colors can be purchased separately
This air purifier has a three-stage filtration system that filters 99 percent of common airborne pollutants including smoke and odors. The process starts with a pre-filter that captures larger particles like dust and pet hair, before the air moves on to the activated carbon filter which removes particles like smoke and bacteria. The carbon filter also removes odors caused by smoke and cooking.
The pre-filter is washable and the colors can be changed to blend in with your home décor. You can recycle it but remember to replace it every six months.
The purifier has 3 different fan speeds which filter the air from all sides of your room. It is ideal for small to medium rooms of between 100 and 175 square feet like your office, bedroom, or dorm room. With a clean air delivery rate of 105 cubic feet per minute, this air purifier will clean the air in such a room size five times an hour.
It has advanced filter technology with millions of extra-thin fibers of different layers which prevent clogging and facilitate air movement at low fan speeds thus creating very little noise. It also has a low energy consumption level of 1.5 to 10 watts.
- Low noise levels
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Ozone free
- The buttons are unresponsive at times
- Too large to fit on a small nightstand
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children, Asthma sufferers and pets. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for B06XD7X81D for Replacement filter. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
LEVOIT air purifier is 100 percent ozone free. It also has a three-part filtration process. The air gets in through the pre-filter which removes larger particles such as lint, pet fur, and fiber. The air then moves on to the HEPA filter which absorbs smoke and other airborne particles. Finally the air moves to the activated carbon filter which captures odors and allergens. It works perfectly in small or medium-sized rooms where it can clean the air four times per hour for efficient purification.
You can use this even in your bedroom while sleeping because it has filters that operate at very low noise levels of 25dB. This allows you the serenity you may desire in your environment.
You need not worry about how to know when to change the filters because there is a built-in replacement reminder. Ideally, you should replace the filter every 6-8 months for the best performance. Genuine replacement filters can be ordered from the manufacturer.
This purifier is a perfect addition to your bedroom. There is the option to choose between two brightness settings at night. This helps in case you need a warm ambiance in the evening. You can also turn the light off if you want to sleep.
- Sleek design
- Ozone free
- Low noise levels
- Nice nightlight settings
- Easy to set up
- Works on a very small area
- Doesn’t capture very small particles
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
This purifier has 3 speeds that can be regulated to cover up to 213 square feet of space and fill your room with crisp, clean air. It has a longer length than other purifiers to increase the expansion area for the filters to work efficiently. It also has a set of three filters that work in harmony to remove 99 percent of the particles in the air.
The activated carbon filter is made of actual granulated charcoal and is so efficient that it can even absorb particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. It also neutralizes common household odors coming from the kitchen or pets. There is a molt and bacteria filter that removes bacteria and also prevents mold from growing within the filter.
It uses QuietKEAP technology to keep the noise levels low meaning you can use it in quiet environments and even in your bedroom. It is specially designed for durability and reliability. It is fitted with an AC capacitor motor that uses high-precision bearing. It also has a great internal structure which increases abrasion resistance and extends the life of the purifier.
This air purifier uses ozone-free technology making it environmentally friendly. It is also Energy Star compliant and has a filter indicator to notify you when it is time to replace the filter.
- Washable filter
- Low noise levels
- Covers a wider area
- Easy to set up and use
- High levels of noise
- True HEPA Air Purifier: Our air purifier utilizes an authentic HEPA H13 to significantly improve indoor air quality by filtering out dust, pet dander, smoke, cooking odors and more. Perfect for kitchens, home offices, living rooms, kids’ play rooms and many other small to medium-sized spaces. It’s the real deal.
- Powerful 3-Stage Filtration and Long Lasting Filter: Includes a pre-filter, HEPA and activated carbon filter to effectively remove 99.97% of the smallest particles in the air. Each filter lasts up to 2100 hours on low to medium fan mode (that’s about 87 days, or 3 months - nice!) Important: The included filter, located inside the appliance, ships with a protective plastic sleeve. Please remove the plastic sleeve from the filter before use.
- Compactly Engineered and Looks Cool: At just 12.8 inches in height and 7.8 inches in diameter, our powerful purifier is portable enough to take anywhere, and move easily from room to room. And its modern design makes it an attractive addition to every home. Pro Tip: To purify air in larger spaces with this model, simply use the high speed fan mode (and get an extra filter or two 🙂
This purifier will improve the quality of air around you with its superior air-cleaning technology. It has a 3-stage filtration system that includes a removable pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. These three filters work together to absorb even the smallest of particles in the air. The preassembled filter comes with a protective plastic sleeve that should be removed before use. The filters have a lifespan of 2,100 hours.
This model has a small sleek design that does not take up too much space. It is also light and can be carried around from room to room. It produces noise levels of less than 50 decibels. It will purify your room without creating annoying or distracting noises. You can even use it in your bedroom when you go to sleep.
It has a nightlight feature with several levels of brightness and can be turned on and off to suit your preferences. It also has a child-lock button that you can use to keep it locked.
It is ideal for small to medium-sized spaces of up to 57.5 square feet. As proof of the quality of this product, the manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty and you can return or exchange it for free within 30 days of order receipt.
- Sleek compact appearance
- Easy to use
- Nightlight function
- It is a bit loud
- Works on a smaller space
- Has slightly higher electromagnetic emissions
- ⭐100% No ozone: It should be stored in a dry location protected against moisture.
- ⭐IMPORTANT: Highly recommended to use genuine PARTU Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance.
- ⭐Easy Replacement Filter: the filter is easy to be replaced and disposed without any tool required, ensuring you to replace your old filter in minutes.
PARTU HEPA purifier uses ozone-free technology to clean pollutants from the air. It has an efficient filtration system that consists of a pre-filter, HEPA, and an activated carbon filter. This system is powerful enough to capture and neutralize pollutants such as smoke and odors from the air making your environment clean and comfortable all day. The HEPA and carbon filters have a plastic covering that should be removed before running the purifier.
It has an alternative iridescent light. You can use it to enhance the ambiance by choosing a color you like and you can also use it as a night light. In case you want to switch it off, just press the button for 3 seconds.
The fan has a 3-speed setting and it operates silently with noise levels of between 25 to 48dB. Even on the highest setting, the noise is barely noticeable. It can effectively cover an area of around 160 square feet.
You can clean the purifier with a soft brush or palm cleaner to extend its shelf life and save costs. However, for the best performance, remember to replace the pre-filter every six to eight months. It has a filter button to remind you when the replacement is due. You can buy the replacement filter from the manufacturer for under $25. It has a low energy consumption of 35 watts.
- 7-color nightlight
- Doesn’t work well in big rooms
- Unavailability of replacement filters
Studies have shown that the air within homes and buildings can be more contaminated than the air outside. So the importance of having an air purifier cannot be overstated. To make the best purchasing decision possible, it is important to carefully consider the features of the air purifier you want so you can get one that will serve you effectively. We hope you enjoyed this review of the best air purifier for smoke under 100 and best of luck making the best choice!
Other Popular Articles:
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.