When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
As a small business owner, there are some items that you have to have to operate your small business efficiently.
One of those items is a laptop. Sure, it may be tempting to go cheap on a computer for your small business, but you need to think of your laptop purchase as an investment in your productivity.
The good news is that there are many great laptops for small businesses at reasonable price points while also having the functionality of a legit business laptop.
- Top Laptops for small businesses
- 1. Dell Inspiron 7610 Laptop
- 2. HP Pavillion Business Laptop Computer
- 3. Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Business Laptop
- 4. Dell Latitude 5520
- 5. Dell XPS 9710 Intel Core i7
- 6. HP 15-inch Laptop
- 7. Lenovo Ideapad Touchscreen Business laptop
- 8. Apple Macbook Pro 14 Inch
- 9. Microsoft Surface Pro
- 10. HP Business laptop
Top Laptops for small businesses
Thinks like battery life, legit security features, video editing, and screen brightness are just as good on the laptops listed below as some higher-end laptops.
We break down the best laptop for small business owners below and hope you can find exactly what you need!
1. Dell Inspiron 7610 Laptop
- SEE EVERY DETAIL: Designed with a 16-inch, 3k, anti-glare non-touch display this laptop...
- FAST TRACK YOUR CREATIVITY: Built with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050, the graphics provide...
Dell is one of the best business laptops and has a stellar reputation amongst business users. While a Dell may not have all of the bells and whistles of some other brands, the Dell Inspiron is a workhorse that you can rely on for years to come.
The 16-inch screen HD screen comes with an anti-glare non-touch display with an intel core graphics card. In addition, there is a 512 GB hard drive along with a built-in webcam and stereo speakers also built into the Dell Inspiron, giving you almost everything you would need in a business laptop.
The thunderbolt port four is used for multiple purposes and allows you to connect various devices and transfer data quickly. While this has the look of a traditional laptop, you will notice improvements throughout the
While most dell laptops are great business laptops, the Dell audio features have improved significantly over the years, and this Dell 7610 model comes with a built-in Waves Maxx Audio Pro and would also fit as one of the best gaming laptops as well.
- Dell security features included
- intel core i7 processor
- Long-lasting battery life
- Perfect for business use
2. HP Pavillion Business Laptop Computer
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The HP Pavilion Laptop is powered with the latest 10th Gen Intel...
- [PREMIUM DESIGN]: The slim and portable HP laptop is only 0.7 inch thin and 4 lb light, and you...
HP is another laptop brand that is very popular in the business laptop space and is well received by small business owners.
This HP model offers five different ram sizes powered by a 10th gen Intel Quad Cord i5 processor. In addition to being a powerful business laptop, this HP laptop is only .7 inches thin and weighs only 4lb.
A business laptop this size features an impressive battery life of up to 11 hours with HP fast charge technology.
Another top feature of the HP Pavillion 15.6 HD IDS Brightview touchscreen display with photo/video editing.
When you factor in the Pavillion’s long battery life, comfortable keyboard, and graphics capabilities, the Pavillion is one of the best business laptops for small businesses available at a very reasonable price point.
- 15.6 HD Screen
- Powerful wi-fi
- Intel Core i7 processor
3. Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Business Laptop
- [Performance] HP 15-inch Laptop with 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor (up to 4.2 GHz...
- [Display] 15.6" diagonal, touch screen Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Display. The 1920 x 1080...
The Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon gen is one of the best business laptops for small business owners, thanks to its i-7 16B.
There are 512GB of storage system memory for advanced multitasking with Windows 11 built-in, making for a perfect business laptop.
This Lenovo Thinkpad x1 Carbon weighs 2.49 pounds and has excellent battery life with a USB CPU intel core i7 with fast wifi and speedy performance.
For as much performance as this laptop has, this Lenovo ThinkPad X1 has an impressive 14-inch display that is plenty big enough to serve as a gaming laptop.
There is an HD 720 webcam with fingerprint reader and spill-resistant keyboard with Wifi 6AZ201 capability.
The Thinkpad is built to withstand demanding conditions and does very well against spills and drops, and would make for the perfect business laptop.
- HD 720 webcam
- CPU intel core productivity specifications
- Windows 11
- Durable design
4. Dell Latitude 5520
- 【Memory & Storage】32GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser...
- 【Latest i5 Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor (4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8MB...
The Latitude 5520 is another solid business laptop designed explicitly with a business user in mind.
When finding the best laptop business laptop, you will want to make sure you have features like a big display, incredible battery life, and Intel core i5 processor.
The Latitude comes with the latest Windows 11 pro included and a wide range of ports for business functionality.
While some modern laptops will come with more bells and whistles, the Dell Latitude has been one of the most popular business laptops used by corporations over the last 20 years due to it being a rugged laptop.
All that is included in the Dell latitude still weighs only 3.5 pounds and would also be an excellent laptop for frequent business travelers.
- 15.6 inch full HD display
- Thunderbolt Quick charge technology
- Backlit keyboard
- Long-lasting battery life
5. Dell XPS 9710 Intel Core i7
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: 11th Generation Intel Core i7 processors and NVIDIA RTX graphics power...
- STUNNING SCREEN: A 16:10 4-sided InfinityEdge display is designed to provide a stunning...
This Dell XPS model is one of the most high-end business laptops on the market, and if you have the budget for it, you won’t regret buying this powerful laptop.
The XPS has the same solid business laptop performance as any other Dell laptop. Still, it also has an 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia RTX graphics which would make for an excellent gaming computer and the best business laptop.
High-end immersive sound is included in a 3d soundscape with a quad-speaker design and 3d audio.
A built-in lid sensor makes powering up the computer possible in milliseconds.
There are many business ports like a headphone jack, full-size SD card reader, and a wedge-shaped lock slot with a thunderbolt fast charging delivery.
Ther is an 11th generation intel core i7 processor and 16GB memory which gives this powerful laptop the functionality of a desktop within the size of a small business laptop.
- Multiple business users compatibility
- Intel HD graphics
- Excellent audio quality
- Perfect for light gaming
6. HP 15-inch Laptop
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE – With its thin and light design, 6.5 millimeter micro-edge bezel display,...
- REVOLUTIONARY ENTERTAINMENT – Enjoy ultra-wide viewing angles and seamlessly perform...
This is another solid choice by HP at a slightly more affordable price point for a business laptop. This HP model has a 15.6-inch anti-glare display with an intel iris xe graphics and has an impressive 256 Gb of storage.
8 GB of Ram and various ports make for a perfect business laptop due to its excellent performance. With its stellar battery life and HP fast-charge technology, this is a great business laptop to use if you need to stream information for long periods.
Advanced noise reduction software is also built into this HP model, which could come in handy if you plan on working from home or in crowded environments out on the road.
This laptop is 3.75 pounds, utilizes a Windows 11, and is compatible with various portable monitors through the USB type c dock.
- 15.6-inch display
- Intel Iris xe graphics
- Continuous web surfing compatibility
- Comfortable keyboard
- Included tech tutorials
- Intel Core processor
7. Lenovo Ideapad Touchscreen Business laptop
- 【15.6" touch screen for hands-on control】Touch, tap, glide, and make the most of Windows...
- 【10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U processor】Smart Quad-Core, four-way processing performance....
The Lenovo Ideapad incorporates many of the features of the ThinkPad x1 carbon gen model but at a more affordable price point.
An innovative quad-core intel turbo boost with 12GB memory storage with Windows 10 included. A 32GB USB with a 15.6″ HD touchscreen is plenty big enough for a business laptop.
When trying to find one of the best laptops for small businesses, you will want to make sure you have features like ports and epic battery life, and this laptop checks all the boxes.
While some of the models listed above have Windows 11, some business users prefer Windows 10 due to its ease of use and business functionality. For example, the Lenovo ThinkPad x1 carbon gen as well as the Lenovo Ideapad are both two of the best business laptops.
- Excellent battery life of up to 7 hours
- MicroSD card slot
- CPU Intel Core processor
- Thin design with 6.5 MLM bezel display
8. Apple Macbook Pro 14 Inch
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 3.7x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker...
If you are an apple os fan, the Macbook Pro is one of the most popular business computers.
Apple has invested heavily in the last five years to build out the business capabilities within the Macbook Pro. As a result, the Battery life on the Macbook pro is one of the best out of all the business laptops reviewed, at 17 hours.
Up to 8TB of SSD storage with enhanced graphics with multiple ports and wi-fi connectivity capabilities. Suppose you have used a Macbook air and want additional business performance capabilities. In that case, the MacBook Pro is a great option and is one of the most versatile laptops for small businesses on the market.
There are two color options to choose from with space gray and silver and two capacity options with 1 TB and 512 GB options.
For creative professionals that need a variety of editing and rendering capabilities, you can’t go wrong with the Macbook pro.
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max Chip Compatible
- Up to 17-hour battery life
- Up to 64 GB of unified memory
- 32 Core GPU with 13x faster performance
9. Microsoft Surface Pro
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with 13”...
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations...
If you have a desktop or other high-powered laptop in your home office and need a versatile hybrid laptop/tablet, the Microsoft Surface laptop is a great option.
The surface has all the typical Windows functionality and features and comes with Windows 11 installed. If you need a business laptop for presentations, the Surface is a great choice, thanks to its rotating touchscreen and Surface Pen.
There are a variety of other accessories like the Microsoft Surface Pro signature keyboard, Surface Arc Mouse, and Surface earbuds that all integrate perfectly with this hybrid laptop.
Storage range offerings exist from 8GB to 32GB, and the Microsoft Surface laptop is a perfect travel companion weighing only 1.96 pounds which is ideal for a small business owner.
- Versatile Tablet/Laptop hybrid
- Removable keyboard and Surface Pen
- Sleek and Compact
- 16GB and 32 GB Options
10. HP Business laptop
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The HP Laptop is powered with the latest Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor...
- [PREMIUM DESIGN]: Make everyday productive when you work on this HP notebook computer. This HP...
This HP business laptop features an Intel i7 processor and has many of the same features as the other business laptops listed above. As a small business owner, you will want to have a reliable laptop with long battery life and, most importantly, reliability in critical moments.
HP is one of the leading manufacturers of business laptops, and there are various options of Ram sizes and options between Windows 10 and Windows 11 to choose from.
This HP business laptop has a headphone/microphone combination port, a Superspeed USB type c port, an HDMI port, and a Superspeed USB a port.
An HP comprehensive vision camera is included with a dual array digital microphone, which is a great feature if you plan to be on video conference calls frequently.
- Intel Core I3 Processor
- 15.6 inch Touch Display
- Windows 10 Pro
- 512 GB SSD
Finding the best possible business laptop is a big decision when considering that you will likely be using the computer for years to come. If you have experience with one brand in the past, it may be wise to stick with that type of model to know what to expect.
For instance, if you have been a windows user over the years, it may be a tough transition to an IOS business laptop and vice versa. When purchasing a business laptop, you will want to ensure you get the best possible small business computer with reliable battery life, a reputable operating system, and fast performance.
This list of the best business laptops has these characteristics and are all great options.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.