When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Welcome to our first edition of 2019. This is probably the first week back at work for many of you. Whether you are an indie startup founder or about to kick-off a new side project, we hope you have a great start to the year.
This week we met with several makers who have worked or are still working on physical products. These can seem daunting, but thanks to technological advances such as 3D printing many makers are now able to cross the chasm between digital and physical products.
Happy New Year, and see below for some of our best content this week. Want to be real buddies? Follow us on Twitter for daily updates, and hit reply if you want to contribute.
- Making it in Huaqiangbei – the first part of an original photo-story about HQB, dubbed “China’s Silicon Valley” or the “Mecca of Makers”
Community & Culture
- Unpacking our privilege
- From 3D printing to Startup Book Club: interview with John B. Bartlet
- Living as a maker in New York City
- No-code movement: building startups without code
- Makers and mental health
- How makers can position themselves to sell to companies
- The making of an indie jewellery business: from 0 to 50 retail locations
Happy reading! ?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.